At 8pm on Wednesday May 18, AKTO will inaugurate its new 5,500 sq. m. campus at 11A Evelpidon Street, which the College occupied in October last year. It is the newest private campus building in Greece, and one of a few purpose-built academic buildings outside the state university system. British Ambassador David Landsman will deliver the keynote speech.
Two student exhibitions will also be presented that evening. Photography students will mount an exhibition entitled "Memories in the Light"; and Interior Architecture students will display their most highly awarded proposals for the refurbishment of the refugee housing complex on Alexandras Avenue. A two-day conference on the renewal of the urban landscape will follow, entitled "Dialogues on the Old and the New". Click here to view and download event and exhibition brochure [2.6M BMP].
AKTO is the largest Art & Design educational institution in Southeast Europe. A few key facts about AKTO:
- Ten BA and MA Degrees in Art, Design, Marketing & Advertising from Middlesex University
- 2,000 students in Athens and Thessaloniki
- 14,000 alumni worldwide
- 40 year distinguished history
- Experienced instructors who are active professionals in the Art & Design industry
- Training in the latest technology
- Α well-organized learning environment, focused on student advancement and career success
- Hundreds of jobs offered to graduates each year through the Career Office
- Flexible study formats
- Continuing education and professional development programmes
- A private education institution, member of the National Bank of Greece Group
- Newly constructed Athens campus, purpose-built for AKTO
For more information about this event or about AKTO, visit the institution's website at the URL