Los Angeles to Stage Grand
Sister City Festival
on 22 May 2005
FIRST EVER LOS ANGELES SISTER CITY FESTIVAL
ALL DAY FREE FESTIVITIES FROM AROUND THE WORLD AT THE PAGE MUSEUM
ON SUNDAY, MAY 22, 2005 FROM NOON TILL 8 PM.
Visit 21 countries in 8 hours without getting on a plane!
Never before have such a wide range of cultures and cities been united for a festival in L.A. The first annual Los Angeles Sister City Festival, a day-long, free public event will be held on Sunday, May 22nd, on the grounds of the Page Museum near LACMA to celebrate and showcase Los Angeles' 21 sister cities around the world. Festivities include non-stop live entertainment from around the world, an international children¹s village with continuous art workshops, food tastings, beer and wine gardens, artisans and information from all of our sister cities.
Who: Athens, Greece Auckland, New Zealand Berlin, Germany Bombay, India Bordeaux, France Busan, Korea Eilat, Israel Giza, Egypt Guangzhou, People¹s Republic of China Jakarta, Indonesia Kaunas, Lithuania Los Angeles, USA - Lusaka, Zambia Makati, Philippines Mexico City, Mexico Nagoya, Japan Salvador de Bahia, Brazil - San Salvador, El Salvador Split, Croatia St. Petersburg, Russia Taipei, Taiwan Vancouver, Canada
What: Los Angeles Sister City Festival
When: Sunday, May 22, 2005 from 12:00 noon to 8 pm.
Where: The gardens of the Page Museum, East of LACMA near the LaBrea Tarpits
5801 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles.
Festival highlights include:
* Non-stop live entertainment from around the world, including world renown singer Anke Lautenback from Berlin performing Marlene Dietrich, the 40-member Banda Juvenil Solaga Oaxaca, LA Beat Domatsuri Japanese Dance Group, Patje French Group, the TAAL Dance company fusion East Indian dancing, Ablinyanko African Music and Dance Troupe and much, much more
* International children¹s village with continuous art workshops including puppeteers, paper mache, murals, sculpture, capoeira, magic and more
* International Food Court serving culinary delights from French crepes and merguez to Chinese teriyaki, Japanese sushi, Mexican tacos and more
* Two beer and wine gardens for Festival goers over the age of 21
* International Vendor Market with arts and crafts, jewelry, clothing, posters, accessories and more
* Free information from all of LA¹s 21 sister cities on educational and cultural exchanges and internships.
The Event is FREE to the Public.
Produced by Passions Productions
For more information and a full list of LA¹s sister cities, please call 323.656.6083 or visit: www.lasistercityfestival.com
2000 © Hellenic Communication Service, L.L.C. All Rights Reserved.